Friday, March 13, 2015

We Survived!

Whelp, we have survived our first week home. Figuring out how to be a parent of two hasn't been a walk in the park! 
Elleigh's one week checkup was last Friday. Her jaundice level was very high so we have been back 3 more times in the past week! Elleigh has also had some problems keeping her meals down. She would generally "spit up" the entire amount she had just taken in. Since we have been to the doctor so much, I told her what was going on because seeing my newborn throwing up that much was very disturbing. She assured me that it was normal and gave been a few ideas as to how to control it. So far it has worked. It is definitely not easy or convenient, but you do what you gotta do!
 Tackling this week, basically on my own has been hard to say the least. Most days have ended in tears from pure exhaustion and worrying over all of Elleigh's issues, and Zoey's acting out. But I have recently been reminded that Elleigh will only be this little once, Zoey will adjust and not remember anything about these first few months with a new baby at home, so I need to enjoy them. I plan on doing just that, as much as I can, from now on!
Brad's week off from work and school starts in exactly one hour from now and I know that Zoey and I can not wait to have him all to ourselves for the next 9 days!!
Here's to surviving our first week and enjoying the weeks/months ahead with our new, sweet, and wonderful baby girl!

2 comments:

The McIntires said...

Sweet girl, with the tiniest nostrils!!

Amanda said...

You are doing a great job friend!! Enjoy having Brad home for 9 days! So nice!