Thursday, July 7, 2016

July 4, 2016

The 4th of July is my favorite holiday! 
I love that it takes place in the summer. I love the colors and the fact that it's a day to celebrate our freedom!
When we woke up the morning of the 4th, it was dark because a storm that was coming through. This ruined our plans of going swimming! Instead, we spent the morning inside then made a trip to the store to buy food to grill. After naps for all, we headed to the park for fireworks.
We found a nice, shady spot, away from most of the crowd.




 Since it wasn't crowded where we were, it gave the kids lots of room to run and play.
Zoey and Aiden played ball together...

 ...and when Aiden needed a break, he decided to help Elleigh Kate with her paci.
 He knows the way to her heart!!
 We packed plenty of water and snacks to keep the kids occupied. as well. 
When the sun finally went down, we got to enjoy a wonderful show of fireworks!
Since Elleigh was so little last year, I didn't know how she would do this year now that she's aware of things. They were right over our head so between the light and sound of them, the first few scared her! She cried for a few minutes but then just snuggled up to me and put a death grip on my arm. The rest of us loved them! Three days later and Zoey is still talking about them!
I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So glad yall had a great time! I love the 4th of July too!