Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Zoey Goes to School

Today was Zoey's first day of pre-school. She has been counting down the days! Last night she started to get very nervous and saying that she wanted to stay with me. I told her how much fun she was going to have, how she was going to learn so much, and make so many new friends. This morning she got up bright and early and was ready to go to school.

 I had been holding it together until I saw my sweet Zoey turn and walk in looking so grown up!
 We found her class, put her back pack in her cubby, took a quick family, picture...
 ...and left her in the arms of Ms. Jeanette and Ms. Donna.
As I walked away my eyes filled with tears! 
I know this is good for her and it's only 2 days a week, but it is still a very big step for us!
I am so thankful that she has such a sweet teacher! Ms. Jeanette sent me various pictures throughout the day and I could tell that Zoey was happy and having so much fun!
When I got to the church to pick her up, I found her still sound asleep on her nap mat!
She had a wonderful day and we are so excited to see what the rest of the school year holds for my sweet girl!

2 comments:

John, Riley and Parker said...

First of all, I have been a horrible "commenter" lately. I always look at your posts, but admit I'm awful at commenting. I just get to looking at and reading blogs and never take the time to comment or forget about it. But know that I enjoy ALL of your posts!

Nevertheless, these pictures are precious. I'm glad you have the first day under your belt and hope she has an awesome year!! Like I said, these seasons of life change so fast - I can't believe we are at this point of school!

Amanda said...

So glad she had a great first day! She looked so adorable!